Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Motivation thoughts

Yesterday I discovered that if I say out loud what my goal for a particular run is I am more likely to achieve it.

Not sure if typing 'out loud' has the same affect...

Today I plan on running 3km as close to 18 minutes as possible, ideally under 18 minutes, but I'm not really sure how realistic that is. My best is 18:20? So should be possible?

I'm looking forward to when I can start at closer to 10 on the treadmill. At the moment it's about 8.5-9. Today I am going to start at 9, and will probably do 200-400m of  'sprint' intervals per km. Usually I do this up to a half km point, so at either 0.3 or 0.4 I'll do my sprint until I reach 0.5, then will do the same again at 0.8 or 0.9 or somewhere in between until I get to 1.0. After each interval my normal pace will increase by 0.1 also. That's my strategy. Yesterday I failed and had to go down to my starting speed of 8.6 at about the 2.6km point, but I did finish at 11.

I'm also looking forward to my 'sprints' being 12 and over. At the moment they are 10-11.5. I have done a couple of them at 12, but never over. I would probably fall over and break my nose on the treadmill if I did that.

--

Yesterday I emailed The Athlete's Foot store in Civic again asking them to put aside an Adidas MiCoach. At $250 I've been pondering it for sometime, trying to get a good online price. Turns out the good online prices are not for Australian deliveries, the best I found that I can get delivered was around $190, and I figure I'll just pay the extra $60 to have it NOW.

Pay day tomorrow, so I will go and pick it up at lunch time tomorrow. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment