Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Goals and how they change

In a few days, I have had this blog for 6 months. That means it has been nearly 6 months since I have been actively and seriously trying to lose 10kg.

How close am I? So very close, I'm 1.6kg away! I've been consistently at 8.4kg loss for a little while now. This is how my body seems to do things. It finds a weight, stays there for awhile, then drops, stays there for awhile, etc. This was annoying when I was 5kg heavier, but right now, I'm pretty damn happy with my weight. Not in a hurry to get that last 1.6kg off me.

Of course, once I have lost that final 1.6kg, I'm not done. I still want to lose at least another 3kg, but in time, and  just as a side effect of my training.

Going back to my first ever post on here, on 2 November 2010. I wrote out some goals, they were:

  • 2km in under 10 minutes
  • 5km in under 30 minutes
  • 10km

Two of those goals done, the only one left is the first one. 2km in under 10 minutes. Tough. I haven't even tried a fast 2km in MONTHS. I've done a few single kms.

Looking at these goals, they're not over ambitious. The 2km is definitely the hardest, because, when writing the goals, it was the one I had never achieved (according to my old LJ I did, but I can't prove it, so, I say I lied).

It's probably time to write out some new goals. I hope that in 6 months I look at these and have either done them, or find them too easy.
  • Run a marathon
  • Run 10km in under 55 minutes
That's the main two I can think of. I'll probably start thinking of other goal soon (such as CrossFit related goals). But that's a good start. I guess 2km in under 10 minutes is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment