Friday, March 11, 2011

Pushing the Boundaries

I haven't been doing as many workouts this month as I have last month, but the intensity of them is up.

On Sunday I did the 10km Sri Chinmoy fun run. I managed to get a time of 64:25, which is my best 10km of recent times. My second 5km was just over 31 minutes, which is amazing for me. Amazing considering the hills that are on the course, especially at the 9km point. I have not felt physical exhaustion like that before.

Yesterday I had my first PT session with my new trainer, Scott. It was just a short 15 minute Cross Fit test to set a benchmark and for Scott to see what level I am up to. It didn't sound so bad, I had to do:

* 5 bar over my head things
* 10 push ups (knees)
* 15 sit ups (anchored)
* 20 squats
* 250m on the rower

Then again, and again, and again. As much as I can in 15 minutes. I managed to get through 3 full sets and got up to sits ups in the fourth (did about 4).

The first two sets were a piece of cake, and I did them within the first half of the 15 minutes. The 3rd was harder, the 4th was just agony. I felt pretty wrecked afterwards. As horrible as it was, I was pleased I had given it my absolute all.

Scott said the way he trains, I will hit a wall many times with him where I physically won't be able to do what he tells me. Sounds horrible, but it's what I want.

I suspect I will spew in at least one of the sessions with him

--

There is less than a month until the half marathon. Scary. This weekend I am going to *attempt* a 15km run. The forecast is shit, so not sure if I can do it outside. I'd really rather not do it on the tready, but I might have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment