Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Burning at Flames Fitness

Last night I had a Personal Training session at Flames Fitness. Flames Fitness is a 'Personal Fitness Training' gym, so it's not like any other gym I've been too.

The easiest way to describe it is like a Biggest Loser training session, but I'd say without the intensity. There are many trainers floating around the gym, and many people per trainer. The trainers go around to each person, tell them what to do, go to the next, etc.

I really liked the environment, I had the guidance and assistance of my trainer, but when it came to doing the actual workouts I was left to my own devices. There is the chance of not doing what they tell you to do, so you need some of your own internal motivation, but I don't have a problem with that.

I have another session lined up for tomorrow after work, and I'm going to consider joining. I might also try some other Personal Trainers. Not sure yet.

The workout I did at Flames was pretty intense. I did lots of arm/back exercises with weights. Then some leg exercises with the fit ball. I then did a crazy 10 minute interval workout on the treadmill, then 5 x 200m on the rowing machine, ab work, and finished with 5 minutes on the cross trainer with 30 second sprint intervals. The cross trainer was by far the worst. At this point I wanted to cry, I wanted to give up. This was the point where I realised hey, I could give up and he would never know, but where I am going to get doing that? Nowhere, so I pushed through each interval, and made sure my last interval was my best.

One of the positives of this gym is, they make sure you stretch after. This is something that I don't do that much of after workouts.

--

I haven't been running (except for the 1.5km on Monday in my Frees) since finishing the 100km on Saturday. Tonight I plan on doing a test of the Sri Chinmoy 10km course that I'm running on Sunday morning. It's a 10km 'hilly, challenging' course. Sounds terrible. Would be fantastic if I can do it today and on Sunday.

After this weekend I need to ramp up my kms, really would like to try to do a 15km over the long weekend (12-14th March). Just need to find somewhere where I can run that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment