Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Running struggles

Last week I watched some videos online on running technique, and I've done about 4 runs since then and I think I've managed to change my technique. My legs seem much better for it.

On Sunday I did a lake run, did the entire lake in about 33:07, just a tiny bit over my fastest 5km! Damn!

Today I did 3 x 1km 'sprints' which a magazine told me to do. My goal was to do all of them under 6 minutes, and I was able to do that. The last km was really hard, the first 2 I managed to do a faster sprint at the end but the last I was struggling enough at the speed I was doing, I just couldn't go any faster.

Times were: 5:47, 5:45 and 5:55.

My weight loss was down to 3.3kg, but after a McDonalds lunch, Portia's dinner and Koko Black dessert yesterday it was at 2.5kg after the run. Can't wait to get it to under 4kg. I'll get there.

Think I'll do another lake run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment