Monday, March 23, 2015

4 years later

It's 4 years later! I look back on this old blog every now and then and love reading about what I went through when I ran and trained hard.

What haven't I done? 

I haven't beaten any of my fastest running times, I haven't run further than a half marathon.

What have I done?

I have run on and off. I moved to another country. I have done a handful of fun runs to keep me motivated. I broke my foot.

2015 so far

My longest run so far has been 6km, it was on the treadmill at work last week. It was hot in there and I managed it in 40:22.

The treadmill in the gym in my condo complex is odd, I suspect it is not calibrated right. I need to test it with my Nike GPS watch and foot thingy. I think I'm running faster than it says when I am on it, at least it's better than running slower than I think.

2015 goals

I hope to run the Calgary Half Marathon in May, and if that goes well then the Banff Half Marathon also.

Hopefully in the next couple of months I can start getting close to some of my PBs. 10km under an hour would be perfect.

Lots of other distance fun runs would be great too. The Calgary Police 5km, the Mother's Day 10km, a 10km in Banff in September. Hopefully some more too!


No comments:

Post a Comment